KEEP BREAM CREEK BEAUTIFUL
This Sunday, we’re declaring war on waste – well, an initial skirmish anyway.
We love our beautiful rural and seaside location, so we’re starting to take some overdue steps to minimise the environmental impact of our market. Our local coffee crew Barista Sista will be offering a 50c discount per coffee for patrons who bring their own cup (such as a keep cup). We’re encouraging all stallholders to offer goods in recyclable packaging, and we’re now separating compostable rubbish from recyclables and landfill waste. It’s a small start and we plan to do more.
On the food front, Burnside will have Coal valley walnuts (fresh and pickled), and Mecchi’s Kitchen are launching their own olive oil and bottled olives as well as jams, chutneys, cordials. Plus we’ll have fresh veggies from Xiong and the community stall, plants, wines, meat, honey, coffee, local hot food and our awesome community bakery stall.
If you haven’t already completed our patrons survey, there’s still time to win big with wine from Bream Creek Vineyard and merch from the market – prizes will be drawn this Sunday at midday.
Thanks for your help.
Hope to see you at the Bream Creek Showgrounds, this Sunday 2 July, from 9am to 1pm.
Confirmed stallholders for this Sunday so far include:
FRESH FRUIT, VEGETABLES, NUTS AND PRODUCE
- Xiong Farmers – locally grown veggies
- BCFM Produce Table (Community Stall)
PLANTS, SEEDS, FLOWERS, GARDEN AND FARM PRODUCTS
- Frog Hollow Nursery – plants for edible and native gardens from the Peninsula
- Mulberry Oak – plants
MEAT POULTRY AND FISH
- Leap Farm goat meat, beef, sausages and prepared curries – plus a selection of Tongola Goats’ cheeses
BREAD, CAKES, BISCUITS AND CONFECTIONERY
- Dunally Primary P&F cake stall – sweet treats baked locally
- Community Bakers stall – freshly baked local bread, buns and bickies
- Ligabuff – gourmet cupcakes, cake balls and decadent treats & eats, from Dodges Ferry
JAMS, OILS, CONDIMENTS, SAUCES
- Tasman Honey
- Burnside Olives
- Bream Creek Vineyard award-winning local wines
- Cape Bernier Vineyard
- Barista Sista – excellent local coffee
READY TO EAT AND PRE-PREPARED FOOD
- Wattlebanks – Fine hot fare, with ingredients from chef and owner Rodd Dan’s property
- AliCarte – global food from Dodge’s Ferry
- Mechi’s Kitchen
As always, we are always interested in hearing from new stallholders, so please fill out an EOI form if you’d like to join us, or pass our information on to your friends.