Ever thought it’s about time your kids did more in the kitchen?
Here’s a great way to get them interested in food and cooking up a storm, as Ellie Emmett presents fun and tasty cooking classes for kids with recipes from her new book at the November market.
Ellie is a Tasmanian chef and mum, and has just launched the Real Food for Kids Cookbook, having already co-authored our very own Bream Creek Framers Market Cookbook.
Ellie has been head chef at the Astor Grill and T42, and ran her own restaurant The Mussell Boys at Taranna for 7 years.
There will be two workshops:
- 10.30 Rice paper rolls with preschool children and their parents
- 11.00 Sticky pot pork and prawn dumplings with the older (6 and overs) children, including making our own wrappers.
See Ellie’s blog for more information: http://eloiseemmett.com/2015/10/20/come-along-to-the-bream-creek-farmers-market-to-try-out-my-new-book/
And, of course we have a range of fresh produce and farm product stalls, plus live acoustic music from Isabel Quigley.
Hope to see you there from 9am to 1pm on Sunday 1 November.
Confirmed stallholders are:
FRESH FRUIT, VEGETABLES, NUTS AND PRODUCE
- BCFM Produce Table (Community Stall)
- Bream Creek Community Market Garden
- Xiong Farmers An ever changing, seasonal range of locally grown fruit and veggies
PLANTS, SEEDS, FLOWERS, GARDEN AND FARM PRODUCTS
- Frog Hollow Nursery food plants, and native plants, grown on the Peninsula
- Mulberry Oak – succulents, snapdragons, geraniums, fuschias, bulbs and marigolds grown locally in Forcett.
MEAT POULTRY AND FISH
- Leap Farm – goat meat, beef, sausages and prepared curries
- Honeywood Farm Products – chicken and duck eggs, poultry
BREAD, CAKES, BISCUITS AND CONFECTIONERY
- Dunalley Primary P and F Cake Stall
- Vintage Sugar local sweet treats
JAMS, OILS, CONDIMENTS, SAUCES
- HONK mustard – Mustard made on the Tasman Peninsula, from an original Finnish recipe
- Crooked Enterprises Spice blends, jams, chutney and sauces – with all preserves grown and made locally
- Wild Taz Products – Tasmanian native produce
- The Honey Pot (Tasliquid Gold Honey)
- Burnside Olives – local extra virgin olive oil
- Bream Creek Vineyard award-winning local wines
- Cape Bernier Vineyard cool climate wines from Marion Bay
- Gillespie’s Ginger Beer from Bream Creek
- Nonesuch Distillery Sloe gin from Forcett
- Lost Pippin 100% Tasmanian cider
- Cafe Central – real coffee
READY TO EAT AND PRE-PREPARED FOOD
- Dunalley Primary School Parents and Friends
- Mechi’s Kitchen
- Sirocco South – freshly prepared pasta and take home meals
- Flamecake Traditional woodfired flammkuchen
- Nanna’s Farm – natural remedies and beauty products
- Honeywood Farm Products – manure and compost
As always, we are always interested in hearing from new stallholders, so please fill out an EOI form if you’d like to join us, or pass our information on to your friends.