If you’ve been a fan of the Market for a while now, you’ll recognise the name Eloise Emmett…. Eloise is a chef and one of the authors of the recently released Bream Creek Farmers Market Cook Book, and she also ran the wonderful restaurant, Mussel Boys, located at Taranna. You’ve probably also tasted some of her sensational food already as Eloise, along with a dedicated team of parents, operate the Dunalley P and F Hut – providing market goers with gourmet brekkie, snacks and lunch using locally sourced ingredients.
This Sunday, Eloise will be launching her new business, “Eloise Emmett – Real Food”.
Eloise will be selling pre-prepared, frozen meals which are ready to simply reheat, or throw on the BBQ. All the ingredients are locally sourced where possible and Ellie describes her meals as “guilt free convenience food”! Eloise explains that her meals are freshly prepared, vacuum packed and quickly frozen, as “that’s the best way to preserve them with out using artificial preservatives to give them a longer life, and have them ready to go for when you need them”.
Options available this Sunday include;
Prepared and marinated products (ready for the pan or BBQ),
- Rannoch Farm Quail – marinated in leatherwood honey and soy, or pepperberry and red wine – the quail are butterflied and boned, ready to cook on the BBQ or in the pan, $13 for 2.
- Doo Town Venison Steaks – marinated in pepper berry with parsley and lemon or honey, rosemary and mustard, $14 for a 300 gram plus pack.
- Locally caught fish or octopus in oregano, lemon, garlic and olive oil, $9 for a 300 gram plus pack.
- Large oysters prepared Kilpatrick or with herb and garlic butter, $9.50 for 6 oysters.
Ready to eat meals (just defrost and reheat, from $13 serving 2 people),
- Fish Lasagne – local white fleshed fish, tomato sauce with tarragon and fennel, béchamel with fetta, cheddar and parmesan and hand cranked pasta.
- Slow-cooked Leap Farm Beef – in a HONK mustard and red wine sauce, with baby Daly’s potatoes
- Meatballs – Doo Town wallaby, beef and pork mince in a rich tomato and oregano sauce with risoni
- Slow-cooked Lamb – with fetta, rosemary, honey and garlic with Daly potato gnocchi
- Lasagne – Doo Town wallaby, beef and pork, with hand made pasta
- Fish Pie – with tarragon and fennel, topped with a potato lid
- Wallaby, beef, pork and green peppercorn pie
Soup cups (250ml, defrost and reheat in the microwave)
- Creamy fish chowder $4.50
- Seasonal vegetable soups $3
These meals are the perfect option for the nights when you don’t feel like cooking – stock up your freezer at home, and pick up a few extras to give to friends or family who might need a night off as well!
For more information, see Eloise’s website: