BAG A SNAG AT OUR FATHERS DAY SAUSAGE FEST
Yes! it’s Dad’s day again and we’re offering a cheeky tribute to the humble sausage.
Whether you’re a new age SNAG or an old-school salami there’s something for you this Sunday:
- 10.30 am and 12pm: The Art of the Sausage: Learn how to make your own gourmet sausages with a free workshop with Bruny Island legend, Gourmet Farmer team member, and awesome Dad Ross O’Meara (also known as ‘Rossage’). And he’ll be selling his delicious Bruny Island pork products too.
- 10 am – 1pm Proper campfire style sausage sizzle over the grill, with local meats, eggs and bacon, onion rings – cooked by local Dads. Better than Bunnings.
- From 11am Sausage eating competition for Dads and kids. Chipolatas vs Wieners.
- From 11am Sausage Hop – kids dress up as a sausage and race for prizes – ‘silliest sausage’, ‘most innovative flavour’, etc. Next in line to become an Olympic sport.
- 10am – 1pm Dads’ Bar – A cosy pop-up pub in rustic surrounds with open fire, gin and tonic, local wines, beer. There will be cabanossi snacks and fatherly wisdom dispensed by celebrity barman, Sorell Mayor Kerry Vincent.
- From 9am: Hot Rods – custom and classic cars on show from Forcett Hot Rods
And of course, our regular stallholders will be offering locally grown and produced veggies, meats, seafood, bread, wines, plants, poultry, sweets, and farm products – with many Fathers Day specials. Plus coffee and hot food too!
What better way to treat Dad than a day out in the country with fun activities, great food, and a pub in beautiful Bream Creek.
See you at the Bream Creek Showgrounds, this Sunday 4 September, between 9am and 1pm.
Stallholders this week include:
FRESH FRUIT, VEGETABLES, NUTS AND PRODUCE
- Xiong Farmers – locally grown veggies
- BCFM Produce Table (Community Stall)
- Bream Creek Community Market Garden
PLANTS, SEEDS, FLOWERS, GARDEN AND FARM PRODUCTS
- Frog Hollow Nursery food plants, and native plants, grown on the Peninsula
- Mulberry Oak
MEAT POULTRY AND FISH
- Bruny Island Food – excellent pork products from Ross O’Meara raised on his farm
- Leap Farm – goat meat, beef, sausages and prepared curries
- Bream Creek Seafood – smoked seafood, including salmon, octopus and mussels.
- Honeywood Farm Products – baby turkeys, baby guinea fowl, baby ducks and baby chicks
BREAD, CAKES, BISCUITS AND CONFECTIONERY
- Dunalley Primary P and F Cake Stall
- Tasmanian Licorice Company –
JAMS, OILS, CONDIMENTS, SAUCES
- Walnutter – walnut spreads
- Crooked Enterprises – Spice blends, jams, chutney and sauces – with all preserves grown and made locally
- Burnside Olives – local olive oil
- Bream Creek Vineyard award-winning local wines
- Spotty Dog Brewery craft beer from Hobart
- Gillespie’s Ginger Beer from Bream Creek
- Nonesuch Distillery Sloe gin from Forcett
- Barista Sista – great coffee
READY TO EAT AND PRE-PREPARED FOOD
- Wattlebanks Fine hot fare, with ingredients from chef and owner Rodd Dan’s property
- MIAM Crepes a range of sweet crêpes and savoury French crepes (galettes) made from Tas ingredients
- Spice Lotus – Vegetarian curries made from local produce
- Mechi’s Kitchen
As always, we are always interested in hearing from new stallholders, so please fill out an EOI form if you’d like to join us, or pass our information on to your friends.