Happy New Year!
What could be better than to eat more Tasmanian grown fresh produce (and locally made farm products) as your New Year’s resolution?
Start 2016 the right way at the Bream Creek Farmers Market, with our regular stallholders offering fruit and veg, plants, wines and cider, ginger beer, condiments, plus hot food and coffee, in a great country setting. This time around, we’re excited to announce two new stallholders: Spotty Dog Brewers offering locally brewed craft beer, and Shoobridge Pinkeyes, with spuds grown by 14 year old Alex from the Tasman Peninsula. Roasted pinkeyes, washed down with a Summer Pale Ale sounds like a pretty good way to kick off the New Year.
Bream Creek Showgrounds, Sunday 3 January, between 9am and 1pm.
FRESH FRUIT, VEGETABLES, NUTS AND PRODUCE
- Shoobridge Pinkeyes – pinkeye spuds, grown on the peninsula by 14 year old Alex
- Westerway Raspberry Farm – raspberries and strawberries
- Richmond Cherry Farm – Van Cherries, dark cherries with a very rich cherry flavour
- JW Kirkwood – apricots from Campania
- Swallowdale Garlic – as the name says, and they also do home-made cordials
- Xiong Farmers – locally grown veggies
- BCFM Produce Table (Community Stall)
- Bream Creek Community Market Garden
PLANTS, SEEDS, FLOWERS, GARDEN AND FARM PRODUCTS
- Frog Hollow Nursery food plants, and native plants, grown on the Peninsula
- Mulberry Oak – succulents, snapdragons, geraniums, fuschias, bulbs and marigolds grown locally in Forcett.
MEAT POULTRY AND FISH
- Leap Farm – goat meat, beef, sausages and prepared curries
- Jo and Jono’s Octopus – vacuum packed octopus, caught locally
BREAD, CAKES, BISCUITS AND CONFECTIONERY
- Dunalley Primary P and F Cake Stall
- Mr Waffle
- MIAM Crepes
JAMS, OILS, CONDIMENTS, SAUCES
- HONK Mustard made locally in Taranna, from an original Finnish recipe
- The Honey Pot (Tasliquid Gold Honey)
- Crooked Enterprises – Spice blends, jams, chutney and sauces – with all preserves grown and made locally
- Bream Creek Vineyard award-winning local wines
- Cape Bernier Vineyard premium Tasmanian wine
- Gillespie’s Ginger Beer from Bream Creek
- Lost Pippin 100% Tasmanian cider
- Nonesuch Distillery Sloe gin from Forcett
- Spotty Dog Brewers – Craft brewing and food company based in Hobart
READY TO EAT AND PRE-PREPARED FOOD
- Dunalley Primary School Parents and Friends
- Jo and Jono’s locally caught BBQ octopus
- Sirocco South – freshly prepared pasta and take home meals
- Mechi’s Kitchen
As always, we are always interested in hearing from new stallholders, so please fill out an EOI form if you’d like to join us, or pass our information on to your friends.