It’s an egg-stra special Bream Creek Farmers Market this Easter.
We’re unpacking the tents a week earlier than usual to align for patrons wanting to make a family day out for Easter Sunday.
As well as our usual delicious fresh produce from our regular stallholders and live music we’re offering a selection of fun Easter-themed activities, including:
- BYOB – ‘bring your own bunny’ competition, with prizes for the cutest, fluffiest and best groomed pet rabbit. Budding entrants can register their rabbit from 10am, with judging at midday
- Traditional ‘egg jarping’ competition (boiled eggs provided) from 10 am
- Sustainable poultry expert Paul Healy talking all things chicken at 11am
- A bouncing Easter bunny, distributing chocky eggs throughout the market from 11.45am
And we’re delighted that renowned sushi master Masaaki will be serving up traditional Japanese food.
So hop along to the Bream Creek Showgrounds, this Sunday 27 March, between 9am and 1pm.
Stallholders this week include:
FRESH FRUIT, VEGETABLES, NUTS AND PRODUCE
- Swallowdale – tomatoes, plus home-made cordials
- Xiong Farmers – locally grown veggies
- BCFM Produce Table (Community Stall)
- Bream Creek Community Market Garden
PLANTS, SEEDS, FLOWERS, GARDEN AND FARM PRODUCTS
- Frog Hollow Nursery food plants, and native plants, grown on the Peninsula
- Mulberry Oak – succulents, snapdragons, geraniums, fuschias, bulbs and marigolds grown locally in Forcett.
MEAT POULTRY AND FISH
- Leap Farm – goat meat, beef, sausages and prepared curries
- Honeywood Farm Products – baby turkeys, baby guinea fowl, baby ducks and baby chicks.
BREAD, CAKES, BISCUITS AND CONFECTIONERY
- Dunalley Primary P and F Cake Stall
- Russle Up – breads, pastries and sweets made on Midway Point
- MIAM Crepes
- Vivanderie – top quality seasonal sweet and savoury tarts and flans, biscuits, slices
JAMS, OILS, CONDIMENTS, SAUCES
- HONK Mustard made locally in Taranna, from an original Finnish recipe
- The Honey Pot (Tasliquid Gold Honey)
- Crooked Enterprises – Spice blends, jams, chutney and sauces – with all preserves grown and made locally
- Bream Creek Vineyard award-winning local wines
- Gillespie’s Ginger Beer from Bream Creek
- Nonesuch Distillery Sloe gin from Forcett
- Barista Sista – great coffee
READY TO EAT AND PRE-PREPARED FOOD
- Masaaki’s Sushi a slice of Japan from Geeveston
- Dunalley Primary School Parents and Friends
- Mechi’s Kitchen
As always, we are always interested in hearing from new stallholders, so please fill out an EOI form if you’d like to join us, or pass our information on to your friends.