MAY DAY FOR MUM
Attention comrades! To celebrate May Day, we’ve proclaimed “international do it for mum” day this Sunday at Bream Creek Farmers Market.
OK, so it’s not actually Mothers’ Day until next week, but it’s a perfect opportunity to prepare the groundwork. To show Mum you care, why not:
- Pick up some local produce and Tasmanian products to whip up a great meal for Mum, or buy her a gift (see stallholder list below)
- If you’re gastronomically challenged, buy a pre-packed meal from Sirocco South to save Mum (or Dad) from cooking
- Take Mum and the family out for a day our to beautiful Bream Creek and the South East coast
- Or add a little spice to her life from our new stallholder Spice Lotus
Isn’t it about time you put your best foot forward and let Mum take it easy while you do the work?
See you at the Bream Creek Showgrounds, this Sunday 1 May, between 9am and 1pm.
Stallholders this week include:
FRESH FRUIT, VEGETABLES, NUTS AND PRODUCE
- Xiong Farmers – locally grown veggies
- BCFM Produce Table (Community Stall)
- Bream Creek Community Market Garden
PLANTS, SEEDS, FLOWERS, GARDEN AND FARM PRODUCTS
- Frog Hollow Nursery food plants, and native plants, grown on the Peninsula
- Mulberry Oak – succulents, snapdragons, geraniums, fuschias, bulbs and marigolds grown locally in Forcett.
MEAT POULTRY AND FISH
- Leap Farm – goat meat, beef, sausages and prepared curries
- Honeywood Farm Products – baby turkeys, baby guinea fowl, baby ducks and baby chicks.
BREAD, CAKES, BISCUITS AND CONFECTIONERY
- Dunalley Primary P and F Cake Stall
- Russle Up – breads, pastries and sweets made on Midway Point
- Vivanderie – top quality seasonal sweet and savoury tarts and flans, biscuits, slices
JAMS, OILS, CONDIMENTS, SAUCES
- Spice Lotus – Vegetarian curries made from local produce
- The Honey Pot (Tasliquid Gold Honey)
- Crooked Enterprises – Spice blends, jams, chutney and sauces – with all preserves grown and made locally
- Bream Creek Vineyard award-winning local wines
- Gillespie’s Ginger Beer from Bream Creek
- Nonesuch Distillery Sloe gin from Forcett
- Spotty Dog Brewers Emerging craft brewing and food company based in Hobart
- Barista Sista – great coffee
READY TO EAT AND PRE-PREPARED FOOD
- Jo and Jonno’s Octopus Vacuum packed octopus from Eagle Hawk Neck, caught locally
- Dunalley Primary School Parents and Friends
- Sirocco South
As always, we are always interested in hearing from new stallholders, so please fill out an EOI form if you’d like to join us, or pass our information on to your friends.