Don’t miss this!
As well as our regular awesome stallholders (see below), we have a couple of extra activities up our sleeves to tempt you out to Bream Creek this Sunday.
First, cute baby animal alert! It’s the official opening of the refurbished and expanded animal nursery pavilion at the Bream Creek Showgrounds. The Sorell School Farm will be showing some of their animals, with students from Sorell School and Rosny College in charge. It’s all possible thanks to a $25,000 donation through the Sorell & District Community Bank Branch of Bendigo Bank. The formalities are at 10.30am.
Secondly, a rare and exclusive opportunity for a peek into the mysterious world of judging cakes, scones, biscuits, etc at country shows. The Bream Creek Show committee are holding a ‘Winning Ways with Baking’ workshop for the benefit of potential entrants to the baking competition at the show. As well as presentation and taste, you’ll pick up crucial tips such as what size the fruit in a fruit cake should be, required icing thickness, desired colouring of sponge cakes, optimal scone height, and more. Open to all ages and genders, from 1-2pm. Please RSVP to Judy Bennett email@example.com
See you there …
FRESH FRUIT, VEGETABLES, NUTS AND PRODUCE
- JW Kirkwood – apricots from Campania
- Swallowdale – tomatoes, plus home-made cordials
- Xiong Farmers – locally grown veggies
- BCFM Produce Table (Community Stall)
- Bream Creek Community Market Garden
PLANTS, SEEDS, FLOWERS, GARDEN AND FARM PRODUCTS
- Frog Hollow Nursery food plants, and native plants, grown on the Peninsula
- Mulberry Oak – succulents, snapdragons, geraniums, fuschias, bulbs and marigolds grown locally in Forcett.
MEAT POULTRY AND FISH
- Leap Farm – goat meat, beef, sausages and prepared curries
- Jo and Jono’s Octopus – vacuum packed octopus, caught locally
BREAD, CAKES, BISCUITS AND CONFECTIONERY
- Dunalley Primary P and F Cake Stall
- Russle Up – breads, pastries and sweets made on Midway Point
- MIAM Crepes
- Vivanderie – top quality seasonal sweet and savoury tarts and flans, biscuits, slices
JAMS, OILS, CONDIMENTS, SAUCES
- HONK Mustard made locally in Taranna, from an original Finnish recipe
- The Honey Pot (Tasliquid Gold Honey)
- Crooked Enterprises – Spice blends, jams, chutney and sauces – with all preserves grown and made locally
- Bream Creek Vineyard award-winning local wines
- Gillespie’s Ginger Beer from Bream Creek
- Lost Pippin 100% Tasmanian cider
- Nonesuch Distillery Sloe gin from Forcett
- Barista Sista – great coffee
READY TO EAT AND PRE-PREPARED FOOD
- Dunalley Primary School Parents and Friends
- Jo and Jono’s locally caught BBQ octopus
- Mechi’s Kitchen
As always, we are always interested in hearing from new stallholders, so please fill out an EOI form if you’d like to join us, or pass our information on to your friends.