ATTENTION PAV LOVERS!
We’re celebrating a sweet Aussie Christmas this Sunday at Bream Creek Farmers Market, with a mighty pavlova bake-off and parade by local masterchefs. Join us as the pavs emerge in procession and wind their way through the market to Santa’s grotto for assessment by our esteemed guest judges Brian Mitchell MP, last year’s winner Kat Burke and Santa. Try a slice yourself.
As well as our usual delicious fresh produce from our regular stallholders and live music, there will also be carols from the Dunalley Primary School choir, a Christmas raffle with two 3 day tickets to the Falls Festival as prizes.
Plus, specially for this market we have locally grown garlic and freshly dug pinkeyes. Music-wise we have Malcolm and Jax, and Jarrod and the Hunters.
So, stock up with local produce and farm products for the holiday season, and enjoy a great day out on the South East Coast.
See you at the Bream Creek Showgrounds, this Sunday 4 December, from 9am to 1pm.
Confirmed stallholders for this Sunday so far include:
FRESH FRUIT, VEGETABLES, NUTS AND PRODUCE
- Gina Zabukovec – locally grown garlic
- Pink Eyes – grown by Edmond Storey
- Pink Eyes – grown by Alex Shoobridge
- Xiong Farmers – locally grown veggies
- BCFM Produce Table (Community Stall)
- Bream Creek Community Market Garden
PLANTS, SEEDS, FLOWERS, GARDEN AND FARM PRODUCTS
- Frog Hollow Nursery food plants, and native plants, grown on the Peninsula
MEAT POULTRY AND FISH
- Leap Farm – goat meat, beef, sausages and prepared curries – plus a selection of Tongola Goats’ cheeses
- Bream Creek Seafood – smoked seafood, including salmon, octopus and mussels.
- Honeywood Farm Products – baby turkeys, baby guinea fowl, baby ducks and baby chicks
BREAD, CAKES, BISCUITS AND CONFECTIONERY
- A Chance to Shine cake stall – home-made baked goods, slices, etc for a good cause
- Nan’s Plum Puddings – gingerbread, fruit mince pies, fruit cakes, plum puddings and more from Campania
JAMS, OILS, CONDIMENTS, SAUCES
- Crooked Enterprises – Spice blends, jams, chutney and sauces – with all preserves grown and made locally
- HONK Mustard – made locally in Taranna, from an original Finnish recipe
- Walnutter – locally produced walnut spreads
- Tasman Honey – home grown honey from the Tasman Peninsula
- Burnside Olives – olive oil from Tim and Penny Dunbabin
- Bream Creek Vineyard award-winning local wines
- Cape Bernier Vineyard premium wines from just up the road
- Gillespie’s Ginger Beer from Bream Creek
- Nonesuch Distillery Sloe gin from Forcett
- Barista Sista – great coffee
READY TO EAT AND PRE-PREPARED FOOD
- MIAM Crepes a range of sweet crêpes and savoury French crepes (galettes) made from Tas ingredients
- Flamecake, woodfired Flammekuchen
- Wattlebanks Fine hot fare, with ingredients from chef and owner Rodd Dan’s property
- Sirocco South, Mic Giulianni – wild harvested mushrooms, asparagus, fresh pasta, lasagne and sauces
- Mechi’s Kitchen
- Swallowdale – a range of home-made cordials
- e. sense – locally produced olive oil soaps
As always, we are always interested in hearing from new stallholders, so please fill out an EOI form if you’d like to join us, or pass our information on to your friends.