Happy New Year 2017, and apologies for the change of date. Marion Bay Road was chockers on New Years Day with tired campers leaving the Falls Festival, making access tricky. Plus many of our regular stallholders were hard at work on the Taste of Tasmania.
So, this Sunday it is, and we’re delighted that in addition to our usual local produce and goods (see below), Penna Valley Farm will be offering their spray-free apricots. Some call apricots the ‘nutritional heavyweight of fruits’, and they do pack a healthy punch with Vitamins A and C, dietary fibre, iron, calcium and antioxidants galore. Plus they’re great in crumbles, tarts and pies!
So see you for a bit of apricot delight at the Bream Creek Showgrounds, this Sunday 8 January, from 9am to 1pm.
Confirmed stallholders for this Sunday so far include:
FRESH FRUIT, VEGETABLES, NUTS AND PRODUCE
- Penna Valley Farm – spray-free apricots from Penna
- Westerway Raspberry Farm
- Pink Eyes – grown by Alex Shoobridge
- Xiong Farmers – locally grown veggies
- BCFM Produce Table (Community Stall)
PLANTS, SEEDS, FLOWERS, GARDEN AND FARM PRODUCTS
- Frog Hollow Nursery food plants, and native plants, grown on the Peninsula
- Mulberry Oak – plants
MEAT POULTRY AND FISH
- Leap Farm goat meat, beef, sausages and prepared curries – plus a selection of Tongola Goats’ cheeses
- Honeywood Farm Products baby turkeys, baby guinea fowl, baby ducks and baby chicks
- Bream Creek Seafood – smoked seafood, including salmon, octopus and mussels.
BREAD, CAKES, BISCUITS AND CONFECTIONERY
- BCFM cake stall – sweet treats baked locally
JAMS, OILS, CONDIMENTS, SAUCES
- Crooked Enterprises – Spice blends, jams, chutney and sauces – with all preserves grown and made locally
- HONK Mustard – made locally in Taranna, from an original Finnish recipe
- Burnside Olives – olive oil from Tim and Penny Dunbabin
- Bream Creek Vineyard award-winning local wines
- Nonesuch Distillery Sloe gin from Forcett
- Barista Sista – great coffee
READY TO EAT AND PRE-PREPARED FOOD
- MIAM Crepes a range of sweet crêpes and savoury French crepes (galettes) made from Tas ingredients
- Dunalley Parents and Friends hot food stall
- e. sense – locally produced teas and olive oil soaps
As always, we are always interested in hearing from new stallholders, so please fill out an EOI form if you’d like to join us, or pass our information on to your friends.