WE’RE FIRING UP AGAIN
It’s getting into the chilly season, so us Bream Creekers are splitting logs for the campfire and slaving over a hot oven this weekend to bring you another farmers market. The community bakers Easter stall went so well last month that we’ve upped the ante and will be offering sourdough loaves, fruit loaves, croissants (plain, pain au chocolate, almond, escargot, ham & cheese), sourdough cinnamon doughnuts, friands, apricot streuselkuchen, bagels, Anzacs and wagon wheels.
We also have a bumper crop of fresh veg this month with Paul from Tiger Hill Permaculture bringing a truckload of his surplus produce, bounty from our community garden, Xiong Farmers with two stalls worth, and a ton o’ spuds from Kellevie. There’ll also be meat, plants, spices, mustard, ginger beer, wine, gin, tea, cakes, and more, plus hot food and drinks, and MT Blues! All grown or made locally.
See you at the Bream Creek Showgrounds, this Sunday 7 May, from 9am to 1pm.
Confirmed stallholders for this Sunday so far include:
FRESH FRUIT, VEGETABLES, NUTS AND PRODUCE
- Xiong Farmers – locally grown veggies
- BCFM Produce Table (Community Stall)
- Bream Creek Community Garden – fresh veg from our very own garden
- Kellevie potatoes
- Tiger Hill Permaculture – fresh veg from Buckland, grown permaculturally
PLANTS, SEEDS, FLOWERS, GARDEN AND FARM PRODUCTS
- Mulberry Oak – plants
MEAT POULTRY AND FISH
- Leap Farm goat meat, beef, sausages and prepared curries – plus a selection of Tongola Goats’ cheeses
- Bream Creek Seafood – smoked seafood, including salmon, octopus and mussels.
BREAD, CAKES, BISCUITS AND CONFECTIONERY
- BCFM cake stall – sweet treats baked locally
- Community Bakers stall – freshly baked local bread, buns and bickies.
JAMS, OILS, CONDIMENTS, SAUCES
- Crooked Enterprises – Spice blends, jams, chutney and sauces – with all preserves grown and made locally
- HONK Mustard – made locally in Taranna, from an original Finnish recipe
- Bream Creek Vineyard award-winning local wines
- Nonesuch Distillery Sloe gin from Forcett
- Gillespie’s Ginger Beer from Bream Creek
- aliCart – coffee
READY TO EAT AND PRE-PREPARED FOOD
- Dunalley Primary P&F stall
- Wattlebanks – Fine hot fare, with ingredients from chef and owner Rodd Dan’s property
- Formosa Bites
- Miam Crepes
- Mechi’s Kitchen
- e. sense – locally produced teas and olive oil soaps
As always, we are always interested in hearing from new stallholders, so please fill out an EOI form if you’d like to join us, or pass our information on to your friends.